- Minister of Women and children and Social Welfare added the issues of LGBTI in Ten Year Strategy plan.
- LGBTI issues incorporated in 7 political party’s manifesto so far.
- During this period, BDS achieved a great number of progress for the right of community people. The government of Nepal has finally decided to provide the machine readable passport( MRP) to the sexual and gender minorities indicating “X’ in the gender.
- The old arrival (and departure) card has been replaced and new arrival/departure card is inclusive to “OTHER” who do not wish to identify oneself as MAN or WOMAN.
- 1 FM in Katmandu Ujyaalo Multimedia “Pahichan” Program Partner FM Stations Program
- National Action plan and Strategy of 2011 to 2016 on HIV have included MSM/TG. There has been inclusion of LGBTI study in Higher and University level.
- Nepal government released its five years Human Rights work plan and has talked about various activities to promote rights of sexual and gender minorities in Nepal including Conduct various awareness raising programs to demystify myths around SGM in the society.
- Appropriate measures to take to grant citizenship ID and Passport to Third genders and Education certificates to TGs as per their gender identity.
- Inclusion of subject matter in class 6,7 and 8 of health and physical education in curriculum.
CHALLENGES AND RISKS
- There has been demand for services including job and skill development trainings alone with seed fund which we are unable to provide them.
- Funding Problems as more LGBTI organizations are mushrooming up.
- Government is not serious on promoting LGBTI rights